Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Friday, 19 April 2013

Memento Pearlized Poppies Tutorial


Hello friends!!

A very dear friend of mine challenged me to see how many different ways I could use Tsukineko Frost White All-Purpose Ink and well I never back down from a challenge.  I am As far as I know it's origin of use is fabric painting, so of course I wanted try something different with it other than using it for fabric or creating a misting spray, so here is what I did....

I die cut a Memory Box Prim Poppy out of card stock and painted the blossoms with some All-Purpose-Ink. The blossoms are looking all pretty and pearly now......



I heat set it to speed up the drying time even though this is a fast drying ink......



I scribbled some Memento Bahama Blue onto  a piece of plastic and sprayed it with rubbing alcohol....


This thinned the color of the ink and it seemed more blendable and a tad translucent.

I painted the blossoms with it, then decided that it needed some Memento Teal Zeal along the top edge of the blossom for contrast.....



Then I colored the stems directly with a Memento Bamboo Leaves marker.......



Easy Peasy, Quick and Easy!
 I stamped Impression Obsession - Ordinary Things D7519 with Versamark and clear embossed it.  Memento Bamboo Leaves and Cantaloupe ink was sponged over it.  The Impression Obsession Birds DIE003-A has had a bit of Memento Bamboo Leaves sponged and Frost White All-Purpose Ink sponged over the belly.

Part of a ZVA flourish and some ribbon from Celebrate-it were added and the window was cut from a Spellbinders.

The inside of the card was prettied up too.....



I am entering this card in the following challenges.......
 Crafts 4 Eternity~Spring Flowers
Bunny Zoe's Crafts~Favourite Color combo 
Card Mania~Punches and or Die Cuts 
Paper Crafting Journey~Use a sentiment
Love Rubber Stamps~ Colors of Spring 
Sweet Stampin' ~Pastels 
Through The Craftroom Door~Anything Goes 
Love To Scrap~ Cut it Out 

Thanks for stopping by and have a most most fabulous day!
Ellen

30 comments:

  1. You are an artist my beautiful friend^_^
    Your tutorials are very useful^_^
    This card is so elegant and classy^_^
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful flowers and a great technique. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
    Love
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Эллен, очень красивая композиция на открытке! Спасибо за мастер-класс по изготовлению, очень познавательно!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful love the technique and gorgeous result thanks for playing along with us at paper crafting journey this time
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and tutorial.
    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Hugs Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous art Ellen! Love the technique and your card design. The colours are fabulous. Have a wonderful day my creative friend! Shirleys

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Ellen. Such an effective technique. I love the colours and a beautiful sentiment.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. El dahling, this is pure artistry! Every time I stop by for a visit, I feel like I'm in another world ... a world where I just look around in amazement. Your creations leave me speechless. Such talent. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card, love the colours and the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Card! I love those diecuts. Fantastic! thank you for sharing with TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. eautiful card. Thanks for playing at Love to Scrap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Wonderful technique and the flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stampin' Challenge! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so beautiful inside and out! LOVE those beautiful poppies and know they shine! VERY pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card Ellen, it's so elegant! Love the tecnique you used on the flower, totally gorgeous, thanks for the tutorial!

    ...and thanks for sharing your fab card with us at Bunny Zoe's Crafts for our Monthly Challenge :)

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl you are rockin' the Frost White All Purpose Ink! Love your shading on the blooms. What a wonderful sentiment! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your flowers and design are so beautiful, thanks for the tutorial. I love the colors you used. I hope you will join us for our Sunday blog hop! http://www.lovesrubberstamps.com/ Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges!
    Hugs, Mila

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool tutorial. Thank you so much for sharing. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful! Your tutorial is great! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us in the Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog's "Cut It Out!" challenge!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, DT
    http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautifully done and love the inspiration on the flowers. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  21. And look at you taking this product to new heights! Outstanding and a perfect tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Ellen! This is gorgeous! What a neat effect and great job with the tutorial! I will definately have to give this a shot! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week! We hope to have you join us again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another lovely card! Thanks for the how to!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cool and pretty. Thank you for joining us at Loves Rubber Stamps this week. Good Luck and Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  25. great card - beautiful spring colours xxxx thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, and it turned out so beautiful. I know you can handle any challenge given out. I love this card in those awesome colors.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely exquisite color and details. Thanks for the info, too. Looking forward to attempting this one.
    Harriett

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, Ellen, this is such a gorgeous card, beautiful detailing and love the sentiment - thanks for joining in our challenge at Paper Crafting Journey, XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous - I have to find myself some of the white all purpose ink. The look is fabulous! I also love the inked background. Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!