Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Tuesday, 3 December 2013

Quick and Easy Apron Tutorial


Hello Friends!
It's been a wicked 5 weeks here. I have both sciatic nerves pinched and have been struggling to walk let alone blog and visit. I finally realized it was time to take time off of my day job and look after me and am starting to heal thanks to some amazing IMS treatments.  Enough of that...just wanted you to know I am still here.

This project was one of the make and takes at the last Pampered Crafter's Retreat and is perfect for Christmas gift giving!  The ladies were surprised at how easy it was to stamp and paint on fabric!


1~Iron Apron.

2~Using an Ink Blusher, ink Canvas Flower with Memento Luxe Nautical Blue.



 3~ Stamp Impression Obsession's Beautiful Life D8699 with Memento Luxe Nautical Blue.  To accentuate the words "friends", I added a little extra ink over the word friends with an Ink Blusher.


 4~ Lay out your ribbon and lace to figure out where to stamp your image and then remove them. I used a Stampamajig to remember the exact spot to stamp.



 5~Ink Impression Obsession's Hang In There F8726 with Memento Luxe Nautical Blue.  With an Ink Blusher I removed some ink on the right side of each bird to create a shadow.  Stamp image on apron.



 6~ I adhered some ribbon strips with Allene's Fabric Glue. Using a Fantastix paint the close pegs with 52 Sand All-Purpose Ink, leaving a some unpainted areas for highlights.


 7~Using a Fantastix, paint over the 52 Sand All-Purpose Ink with 74 Champagne Mist All-Purpose Ink. This gives a nice subtle shimmer.


 8~ Adhere the rest of your embellishments and iron with a dry iron on high to heat set.  My iron looks like it has water in it was empty.  I put a piece of copy paper in between the iron and the apron.  I ironed the inked/painted images for 2 minutes on each side.

Here are some close ups of the embellished areas....



Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!!
Ellen

Impression Obsession Products Used~ 
Hang In There F8726, Impression Obsession's Beautiful Life D8699

 Imagine Crafts / Tsukineko Products Used~
Memento Luxe Nautical Blue
All Purpose Ink 52 Sand & 74 Champagne Mist, Fantastix, Ink Blushers

Other Supplies Used~ Canvas Apron, Jolee's Canvas Flower, Aleene's No sew Fabric Glue, Ribbon, Lace, Iron, Inkadinkadoo Stampamajig, Celebrate It Leaves

17 comments:

  1. what beautiful done Ellen this looks great.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are having some troubles! Hope you are feeling better now! Sending hugs. LOVE your darling apron and what a fun flower to match it!! Brilliant idea and thanks for the how to! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This is gorgeous Ellen a beautiful design and I love the flower.
    Sorry to hear that you have been suffering, I hope that you are starting to feel better now.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun and so pretty too, Ellen!! How clever with the flower and the glue!! TFS the way you did this. What a great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Duh me,,,,,I got so excited about the apron I forgot to say I am glad you are taking care of you and sending well wishes your way too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Apron is fabulous Ellen, I love the canvas flower and your gorgeous little birds. Thank you for the step by step tutorial.
    I'm sorry to hear that you have not been well, take care of yourself.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful apron Ellen ! Love that flower, nice to know that you can stamp on material :) Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear that you are in pain, I hope you heal quickly. I assumed you were mega busy as usual. Take good care girl, Hugs, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sensational gift idea and so lovely. Love the inked edges on the flower. So beautiful!
    So sorry you've been going through all that pain. Take care of yourself and heal quick.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous project and gift. Thanks for the tutorial on how to make it too. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your apron is just so creative. I, of course, love the birdies and the banners are a wonderful addition.
    So sorry about your sciatic nerve pain. My husband and youngest son both suffer with that. Glad you're taking care of yourself and getting some help.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouch...those SI joints can cause such problems...continue to look after yourself ok? Now, onto the apron...simply wonderful...thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a fabulous apron. Sorry to hear you are having sciatica. I have never had it, but I do know it is very painful from working for a chiropractor for many years. I hope you are well, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl...you are sooo creative!!!! I love your adorable apron with the sweet little birds and the beautiful flower!!! I am so sorry to hear you have had problems with nerve pain...hopefully, your treatment will work and you will be back to feeling better soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so super cute, love the fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!